New items, just in “thyme” for the holiday season! Gift Certificates are also available in virtually any amount (minimum $10) and are valid for any product or service in the shop!
Handcrafted by our resident Tasseomancer, Amy – and the perfect complement to her “fuzzy nuts” – Mistletoe Balls – these are beautiful & meaningful decorations containing Mistletoe imported from the UK. Remember, Amy is available Fridays for traditional Tea Leaf Readings (a great gift for yourself or someone else).
Mistletoe bears fruit at the time of the Winter Solstice, the birth of the new year, and may have been used in Solstice rites in Druidic Britain as a symbol of immortality. It is traditionally hung in the house throughout the year (until replaced the following Solstice), to bring harmony and protection to the home (Mistletoe banishes all evil and negative energy, and brings good fortune and joy to the user) and often to preserve the house from lightning or fire. The tradition has spread throughout the English-speaking world but is largely unknown in the rest of Europe. According to a custom of Christmas cheer, any two people who meet under a hanging of mistletoe are obliged to kiss (this apparently started in Scandinavia).
Besides Mistletoe, these lovely ornaments contain:
- Frankincense – Protection and spirituality
- Myrrh – Protection, healing and spirituality
- 3 Kings Resin blend – Symbolizes the sacred gifts of the season
- Juniper – Protection, anti-theft, love and health
- Rose petals – Love, healing, luck and protection
- Rose hips – Luck and good spirits
- Rosemary – Protection, love, purification, healing, remembrance, sleep and youth
- Sea salt – Cleansing, purification, consecration, grounding, protection and a preservative
- Rowan – Symbolizes the Goddess, protection, good health, protection and sacredness
- Holly – Symbolizes the Dark time of the year and the Holly King who rules from Summer Solstice to Winter Solstice
- Oak – Symbolizes the return of the lighter times of the year and Oak King who rules from Winter Solstice to Summer Solstice
Amy has also provided us with some Organic Thyme – an herb more familiar as a seasoning, but with many other uses. Sacred to the ancient Druids, culinary Thyme aids the digestion of fatty foods and is part of bouquet garni and Benedictine liqueur. It is a mild stimulant, antiseptic, lung cleanser (used to dry up and clear out moist phlegm and to treat whooping cough) & nerve tonic (used externally to treat depression, colds, muscular pain and respiratory problems). Research has confirmed Thyme strengthens the immune system. It is also used as an incense in cleansing rituals, to promote energy & courage, stuffed in a pillow to prevent nightmares or worn at funerals to repel the negative energies of mourners.
Want to Bathe In Peace? These handmade, whimsical and natural soaps are just one of a batch of new products from our mate Stacy – aka Gothic Gourd Girl and her uniquely macabre designs! The soaps come in a variety of scents so there is likely to be one to suit almost everyone! If you are giving them as a gift, we have suitable custom designed Gift Cards to go with them as well as Pillow Covers, Tea Towels, Rings, Necklaces, Brooches, Fascinators…as well as signed & numbered silk-screened Tombstone Art! Stacy also brought some lovely framed Antique Sheet Music and a First Edition book, “A Treasury Of Stephen Foster” (great gifts for the music aficionado).