A varied supply of natural herbs, oils, tinctures & teas for use in various preparations or on their own for healing or enjoyment. We may on occasion also carry pre-mixed preparations, tinctures, salves, etc.
We do our best to provide items that are naturally sourced. For the uninitiated, many items not marked with an “organic” seal are no less organic than those that are – and while we try to find “Organically Certified” supplies, we also work to support local growers who take care and concern in their crops. “Wild” and “Wildcrafted” are usually the best possible option. Because we are not carrying mass-produced items, some may be in very limited supply – or only randomly available. If there is something specific you are searching for, let us know and we will find out about acquiring it (it may be a one time purchase, so let us know if you would like a large quantity as it usually makes your dollar go further).
While we are not a “tea shop”, we do carry a very limited selection of quality loose teas that are unlikely to be available elsewhere. These are teas that provide the greatest health benefit and are the epitome of “a little goes a long way”. Most of our other herbs can be taken as “tisane” or mixed with other leaf teas for great taste and affect.
Some of the things we carry in the Apothecary include:
- Chaga (adaptogenic – optimizes immune system, extremely high antioxidant, antitumoral, antiviral)
- Oil Of Oregano (excellent health tonic, antimicrobial, antioxidant, relief of stomach/respiratory/throat ailments)
- Lavender (both Aromatic & Culinary)
- Tamanu Oil (excellent for healing skin issues, wounds & scars, maintaining elasticity…)
- Dong Quai Root (aka Angelica – treat menopause/PMS symptoms, hormone balance for women & men…)
- Minigan Salve (First Nations remedy for wounds, pain, skin conditions…)
- Damiana Leaf (excellent for restoring calm, restfulness, sleep aid – much safer than Valerian Root; no known side affects other than drowsiness!)
- Calendula Petals (healing wounds)
- Goji Berries (aka Wolfberries – antioxidant)
- Star Anise (aids digestions, relief of rheumatism, good in soups/stews/teas, great breath freshener…)
- Pu Erh Tea (good energy & circulatory drink – a true ‘boost’; not a caffeine ‘buzz’)
- Gunpowder Tea (very fine Green Tea)
- Guk Fa Cha (Chrysanthemum Flower Tea – good for relieving headache, liver, eyes, throat, reducing fever…)
- Dandelion Root (treat liver & gallbladder problems, water retention…)
- Chicory Root (gastrointestinal cleansing, coffee substitute or additive)
- Rose Buds
- Jasmine Buds
- Wormwood (antimicrobial, antiseptic, antispasmodic…)
- Wormwood Tincture (parasite cleanse & blood tonic)
- Dit Da Jow (relief of bruise, sprain, muscular or arthritic pain)
This is just a sampling of our growing stock..stop in and see what’s available – if we don’t have something, please ask and we will do our best to supply it to you!
Health Disclaimer: Any information we provide related to matters affecting human health is provided for informational purposes and is the result of research into the medical literature as well as practical experience. No information should be considered as a “substitute for advice provided by your own trusted medical professional”, nor is any information intended to “promote diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease”. You should not use any information contained herein for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing any medication. Consult your most trusted health care professional in regard to the personal use, or non-use, of any health-related products or medically related regimens on the Internet or otherwise, especially if you have any existing medical condition or unusual symptoms.